BMW ConnectedDrive Receives Number of Innovative Upgrades
BMW ConnectedDrive 2014 Model Updates
For years, BMW ConnectedDrive has provided automotive connectivity for BMW owners, and has separated itself from similar systems, as BMW ConnectedDrive continues to adapt to changes and advances in technology. If you’re currently a BMW owner, you likely know how the previous features work, but if you’re looking to purchase a new BMW, we thought it may be helpful to provide you with a closer look at the BMW ConnectedDrive 2014 model updates.
As we said, BMW ConnectedDrive continues to adapt year after year. The systems is currently available in 11 different countries, but the automaker expects the system to become worldwide by 2017. As the BMW vehicles in our new car inventory come with the US version of the ConnectedDrive system, we’re going to focus strictly on the 2014 model updates that have been implemented here in the states.
One of the biggest changes to the ConnectedDrive system for all 2014 BMW models is the addition of more standard features and available services. BMW Assist, one of the many services that makes up the ConnectedDrive system, now comes standard in just about every 2014 model, and allows you to access basic features such as door unlock, enhanced roadside assistance, accident management and message dictation.
According to a press release from the BMW Group, the updates will also include:
- Updated BMW iDrive 4.2 available or standard on most 2014 models with a range of enhancements and additional features.
- BMW navigation and BMW Online standard equipment on all 2014 5, 6 and 7 Series cars as well as 2014 X5 and X6 Sports Activity Vehicles. It is optional on all other models. In addition to BMW Online, BMW navigation includes Advanced Real Time Traffic Information (ARTTI).
- Concierge service is now standard on all V8 and V12 equipped 2014 6 and 7 Series models. It is now available as a standalone upgrade on most other 2014 models. The service can be initialized at the time of purchase or can be added anytime after purchase.
- Internet access is available as an option on 2014 models equipped with navigation and the latest BMW iDrive 4.2 as part on BMW Online. The internet browser is connected through the vehicle using a 3G network connection.
- Enhanced voice command options including available message dictation and integration of both Apple Siri and Samsung SVoice through the vehicle’s voice command controls.
- Expanded availability of BMW Apps-ready third party apps. In addition to the apps available in the US today – including Pandora, MOG, Stitcher and Aupeo – new BMW Apps that will be available soon include Audible, TuneIn, Rhapsody and Glympse with more to follow. Later this year, BMW Apps integration will be available for devices with the Android operating system.
As you can see, the BMW ConnectedDrive 2014 model updates are quite impressive. Reading about them, however, is nothing compared to testing them all out for yourself. If you really want to learn about the newest updates, we recommend that you schedule a test drive here at BMW of North Haven. We are not only aware of the newest updates, but have the knowledge and experience to show you everything that the ConnectedDrive system is capable of.
Whether you currently own, or are looking to own a new BMW in North Haven CT, be sure to get in touch with us here at BMW of North Haven if you have any questions about the BMW ConnectedDrive 2014 model updates. If you’re simply looking for more information about the vehicles that we sell here, however, be sure to check out the rest of our blog where we have a great deal of information about new and upcoming BMW models including the diesel-powered 2014 BMW 3 Series 328d xDrive.