Guide to BMW Warning Lights: What Do They Mean?
If you are driving your BMW 5 Series sedan in New Haven or heading to your favorite North Haven restaurant in a BMW X5 SUV and you notice a warning light go on, you’ll want to know what to do. Follow our guide to BMW dashboard warning lights from the BMW of North Haven Service Center near Cheshire!
BMW Warning Light Symbols and Meaning
- Empty or Low Fuel: You have approximately 30 miles before you completely run out of fuel. Stop at a gas station to fill up soon–driving too long with this light on could damage your fuel system.
- Tire Pressure Monitor: One or more of your tires is underinflated. If the light is yellow, tire pressure is down by about 10%. If the light is red, the tire has deflated rapidly.
- Oil Can: Your vehicle is due for an oil change. Take advantage of oil change coupons and service specials in North Haven soon to ensure proper engine function.
- Light Bulb: One or more external lights are out or experiencing an issue. Changing the bulb yourself is not too tricky, but be sure you get the right BMW OEM parts for the job.
- Thermometer: Your engine is starting to overheat, which can damage your engine and make it dangerous to drive. Bring your car to a stop in a safe place and turn the vehicle off to let the engine cool down. Then head to the nearest BMW service center for experts to take a closer look.
- Engine: This warning symbol may flash or remain lit. Bring your vehicle in for service as soon as possible because there is an issue with engine function or components.
- Dynamic Stability Control: The traction control system has been engaged, after the system detecting a wheel slip. The light just means the system is currently at work.
- Service Vehicle: If this light is yellow, it means your BMW will be due for service soon. If you BMW becomes overdue for service the light will turn red.
Visit Your BMW Dealer for Service in North Haven
If a BMW dash warning light comes on that you aren’t able to address yourself, schedule a service appointment at your local authorized BMW service center near Branford and bring your vehicle in for service. If you have any questions for the service team at BMW of North Haven, like how to update BMW software and more, don’t hesitate to contact us today!
BMW of North Haven Service Specials
We are currently updating our Service Specials. Please check back soon.